Re: [ST] Re: minor annoyance- drain plug oil leak

I am not sure exactly what your situation is.
If you replaced the aluminum crush washer with a NEW copper washer, then I don't know what to say. I have never had this problem.

If you replaced the aluminum crush washer with a USED copper washer, then I know what to do. I have been reusing the copper washers for some years without drips or leaks.
Before reusing a copper washer, heat it until it GLOWS bright. Then drop it into water. As soon as its cool and dry its ready to use.

David W. Funk
'00 Sprint ST
Pleasanton, CA