From: st-triumphnet.com-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-triumphnet.com-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
BrettWilson21@xxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2005 9:53 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] 99 sprint st chain adjusting question

Hey Stephen,

Congratulations on the '99!

To adjust the chain you will need the 'C' spanner supplied in the tool kit.
There is a 17mm bolt on the top and rear of the swing arm, between the sprocket
and rear wheel. Loosen this bolt to allow the rear axle to move.

Look carefully between the rear sprocket and swing arm. Tucked in there is
the chain adjuster. Its a 'toothed' type thing. Use the 'C' spanner either
underneath or on top depending on which way you want to adust the chain. I cant
remember which way is which, but you will figure it out.

Remember to tighten the bolt on the swing arm. Failure to do so will give
interesting results when you ride away, as I discovered on my GSX750F one sunny
morning, but that is another story...

Enjoy!
Brett
Sydney.