RE: [ST] 99 sprint st chain adjusting question

Chris Harwood wrote:
>I thought I'd seen 25-35mm somewhere - it's in the Owners Handbook;
RS:
25-35mm; ST: 35-40mm.

This is correct!

>However, factory Service Manual has a common section for both models
but ILLUSTRATES the ST with the caption 35-40mm.  Consequently I had
actually done 35-40 on my RS.

You'll find there is much less slack in on-off throttle transitions on
your *RS* with the correct adjustment of 25 - 35 mm

>Just for completeness, Haynes has all FI '97 - '00 triples as
35-40mm.

I'm always wary of general statements like that when they come from
non-factory sources...
--
Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST