RE: [ST] 99 sprint st chain adjusting question

On Fri, 20 May 2005, Marc Van Est wrote:

-Seriously though, I'd like to know how to get the chain adj done with the
-bike on the side stand , if its possible, as my RS doesn't have a centre
-stand.

Heya Marc,

Saw that you got several replies on the adjustment procedure but I too missed
the part that you didn't have the center stand.  I think to do the adjustment
properly you do need to get the bike up and weight off of the rear
wheel.  While I'm not 100% I believe you could get away with using a rear
paddock stand but not sure how that affects the chain geometry since the
bike's weight is still on the swingarm, etc.  Anyone?  Beuhler?

Oh and does the RS owners manual give any hints?  I'm  sure *someone* here
does this adjustment w/o a center stand.

--

                               ._O_.  '03 Sprint ST
           -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 Thunderbird Sport       /~\