Re: [ST] 02 HEADLIGHTS

>From Derek:

I also need to replace a turn signal buld, and I do not see any screw holes
on teh light housing on the front fairing. I guess this means I have to
replace the light from behind?? It does not look pretty.

Remove the lower (or side) fairing.  The turn signal bulb holder is held in
place with two Phillips head screws.  Remove those two screws and you are
there.

For those of you that have removed the front facia to get to the lights, do
you have any advice? I tried last time and could not figure out how to get
the front end off. Hidden screws or something causing be grief.

The official Triumph way to get to the headlights to replace the bulbs is to
remove the mirrors, the windscreen trim panels, the 2 lower (front)
windscreen screws, both lower (side) fairings to get the "cockpit" off the
bike.  The step that reads, "Release the fixings securing the cockpit" was
confusing to me initially.  IIRC, those are the two fairing fasteners
located between the turn signals and headlights, directly in front of the
stanchion tubes, on the underside of the cockpit fairing.  After removing
those, pull the cockpit forward and disconnect the position light and the
turn signal leads.  The manual goes on the remove the headlight assembly,
but that step is probably unnecessary.  In fact, some on this list, STeve
Duncan for one, are able to get their hands in to remove and replace
headlight bulbs without remove any bodywork.  The method may involve a
Braille-like technique, and one really has to be careful to not contaminate
the new bulb.

Hope this helps.

Rich (Thunderdawg) Rumble
2004 Aston Green Sprint ST