[ST] Long time lurker with exhaust questions

Hi all, I've been lurking off and on over a couple of years now and figure now's as good a time as any to crawl out from under my rock. I bought my 01 ST used back in 03 and have been enjoying every minute of it. I'm currently running with the stock exhaust, but I'd really like to let loose a bit more of her beautiful sound. I think I like what I've heard from another ST with a Two Brothers can. My questions are:

1) Does the size / shape of the can (C2 / C4 / C5) matter in terms of making it work with the factory bags? Or is the size / shape issue purely cosmetic?

2) Do I need to get a new tune loaded or am I good to go right out of the box?

3) Finally - and probably most importantly - how big a job is this? I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty, but I've done little in the way of wrenching on my bike. Is this a job for a beginner? The directions sound simple enough... but that line of thinking has gotten me in trouble in the past....

Thanks in advance,

Brian

'01 ST BRG
Palatine, IL