RE: [ST] antifreeze fitting

Has anybody ever changed the front antifreeze tank fitting? Mine

broke off and I need to replace it. I've been trying to remove it and

Watch out here!!!

From what I understand from the coolant circuit, the tank plunger hose get collant from the tank because it's full of coolant.
If you change the fitting, then it will be empty and introduce a air bubble in the circuit.
My point is if you do so , you have to remove the radiator cap and fill it again in such a way that drains the air out of the hose.
For me the fitting should be connected at the bottom to avoid such a nasty effect. I think I will modify that on my bike.

By the way, my fitting broke off too, and I replace it w/ a coper elbow.

Fred 02 ST BRG