Re: [ST] Front Brake lever

On 5/24/05, Frederic.Nizery@xxxxxxxxxx <Frederic.Nizery@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Floyd,
>
> Sorry, for your ...
>
> >>Last week I did one of those 'how to look incredibly stupid' moves in the
> >>driveway. I let the RS over balance on the high side and gently dropped it
>
> Yes, the answer is pretty late but I am buzzy buzzy. Sorry.
>
> If this adwise can be of any help in the future, to straighten twisted alloy:
>
> Rubb some soap to apply a thin layer on the part and warm it w/ a gaz torch up to the point the soap begin
> to get tained, and not more ( it would melt). In the same time, apply gently the strength to straiten it.
>
> The soap has to advantages: indicating the max temp for alloy and protect from corroding during warm up.
> Let it cool down and wash it.
>
> Fred ST BRG

A friend of mine, who is a bloody good mechanic, told me that he
always bends aluminium back by removing the part and hitting it with a
hammer. He claims that bending it back by hand usually breaks it but
hitting it with a hammer where it is bent does not. I have not yet
tried this method but like I said he knows his stuff.
Rupert