RE: [ST] idle adjustment?

IMO, it doesn't hurt to run a quality injector cleaner.  I do so a
couple of times a year.

The upload & adjustment can be performed in 1/2 - 3/4 hour.  What the
task *should* cost and what the dealer may charge can cover a fairly
broad range.

--
Rick

Thanks Rick,
   For today I think I'll run some injector cleaner in the gas and try
backing off the throttle cable.  Maybe the injectors are a bit dirty.
Can
you tell me approx what the procedure for a new tune should cost?

Stephen
If that doesn't solve the problem I'd suggest you take the bike to a
reputable dealer and request that a new tune be uploaded, that the
throttle position sensor and idle stepper motors be reset and that the
idle CO trim be adjusted to 2.5%.  You'll be amazed at the difference.
--
Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST