[ST] poor performance on second start

Hi again.
   I have an appointment to have my 99 Sprint ST tuned.....at the end of
June.  However, I am curious as to what you guys think.  I start the bike
and she starts and runs just fine until I shut her off.  I can shut her off
after a couple of minutes or after a twenty five minute ride of no problems.
When I shut down for a pit stop or to go into a store, then start up, she
won't idle and performance is not near as good as the inital run.  I shut
down by using the ignition, and don't touch the throttle on the start.  I
also hold the start button for 6 revolutions.
   Any ideals?

Stephen