RE: [ST] A question to the list

>>Is there a set of numbers to follow when adjusting an ST's
headlights?

To get the basic vertical setting it's useful to have level ground
where you can position the bike about 25 feet away from a wall.  With
you sitting on the bike and as much of your weight as possible on the
bike, have an accomplice measure from the bottom of the headlight to
the ground.  Place a mark on the wall at that height and adjust the
headlights so the low beam cutoffs are at the mark.  Once this is
done, I usually fine tune the adjustment on a dark road.  BTW,
contrary to popular lore, it is fairly easy to reach the vertical
adjusters.  I use a 1/4" drive mini ratchet with an 8mm socket and
just reach into the back of the headlight with the forks turned to
maximize access.  The horizontal adjusters are another matter...

Or there's the way we used to do it:  raise the adjustment until all
the oncoming motorists angrily flash their high beams and make rude
gestures.  Then lower the adjustment until only half of them do. ;O)
--
Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST