Re: [ST] Fwd: For you Tiger riders... and maybe others

Yeah, I noticed that earlier comment about chain wear, and that was the
first time I recall ever having heard of that possibility -- personally
I'm not buying it, and here's why

the thing is...... that the tightest the chain will ever be is when the
rear axle, swingarm pivot, and countershaft sprocket are all in
alignment -- any movement of the rear axle (up or down) will only loosen
the chain slightly and, for a given amount of such movement, and
regardless of the direction, the chain slackening effect should be the
same

so I'm a bit baffled.......

I'm assuming, of course, that chain tension is set correctly in the
first place, which should be no more difficult to achieve with the
eccentric up or down

Neil