Re: [ST] Helmet Life

on Wednesday, November 09, 2005 Richard Masiak wrote:

Since it's been a bit dull around here, let me liven it up with an
interesting question.

Assumptions:
1) It's of modern design.
2) Never been dropped or crashed.
3) Interior and straps are in good condition

Topic: How long could one safely continue to use a motorcycle helmet
before replacing it with another new one?

Response...The shoei manual that comes with a new shoei says that a
helmet is good for 5 years from manufacture.  I do believe that each
helmet should have it's manufacture date stamped one it somewhere.  I do
not know why shoei says that...