Re: [ST] Helmet life

<<
So if we are all off to buy new helmets soon, what do people who have
recently bought new lids liked?  I have an Arai shaped head but haven't
looked at their range in ages.

David

I will never own another Arai helmet.  I do not wish to support a company
that makes it's policy to price fix.  I owned 2 Quantum/f over a period of 6
years and was happy with them.  But I'm finding other brands just as
appealing.

With that out of the way.  I've been using a Roof R010 Diversion for 2 years
now and like it alot.  It vents just as well, or better, as the Quantum/f
did, and is MUCH quiter.  It's anti-fog is very good.  It's light, and ACU
Gold certified.  Unfortunatly I heard their manufacturing plant burned to
the ground this year.  So who knows when they'll be back up and running.

I've tried on a number of KBC and HJC helmets.  I like them, especially for
their prices.  If I get back into trackdays these will certainly be first on
my list. I have a HJC dirbike helmet that I have yet to use, but it promises
to be a good helmet.

I really like Shark, but they are very new in the USA and haven't had the
chance to try any on.  Though I'm having a hard time with the great gaping
hole in the top.  That can't stay watertight...can it?

Right now I'm very tempted to get an OGK FF4.  I like their ventilation
system and reputation for lightness.  Plus any company that backed Hissy and
Big Dave can't be all bad.

I've tried on a couple Scorpion helmets, EX700 to be exact.   I can't say
that I was impressed.  The first one had the D-rings reversed.  The one with
the cloth helper-tag was the one you looped the strap over.  Bad QC!

Shoei and Arai, for that matter, now come in different head shapes.  Long
oval, and short oval.  So try on different models for each manufacturer, you
might find one that fits better than another from the same manufacturer.

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen