Re: [ST] Helmet Life-Consensus

Ok.

That actually went better than I expected.

It seems the consensus is 5 years.  There were a few 3-4 thrown in, but the majority looked like 5.  Cool.  Thanks everyone.
I'm on the 5 year marker May 2006.

Curious though.  I wonder if anyone has re-tested a helmet 5 years or older, that has been worn and is in good shape (relatively speaking) to see how it measures up to the original safety standard it was built to.

That recent, 2-part, helmet comparison article by motorcyclist magazine was excellent.  However, I think they used fresh off the production line new boys.  I'd be smashing (no pun intended) to see how 5+ year old worn ones stack up.

When I buy a new one, soon, I'll offer up my old $329 Arai Quantum series Okada replica for a re-test.

Rich