Re: [ST] Stalling

> I didn't know remus made a can for the ST/ RS. Is it any cheaper than the triumph race can? <

  Marc, it's the Remus 'Grand Prix' carbon oval can. Dunno about fitting new or what they cost new cos I got mine 2nd hand from another RS owner for £100GBP. The bracket he'd fitted to it looks like it may not have been the original. But it fit right onto my bike snugly in no time. Perhaps it was an ST can?

  It looks great. It's a little shorter than stock, and MUCH lighter and slimmer. It also sounds great. It's a straight-through baffle-free design but with a kink on the exit pipe, so it's surprisingly quiet at town rpm. Police don't even notice me. At 5-6000 it sounds healthy - like a muted jet roar, a cruising 727 say - and at 7000+ it sounds like a VERY pissed off lion or similar, a spine-tingling snarl! It's said to be re-packable, although it must have 10s of thousands of miles and doesn't need it yet. Still in good condition too.

  If you're interested email me off-list and I can take some close-ups so you can see how it looks/fits.

  South Africa? I guess it's spring for you. In the UK we've just had our first frost, though today is sunny/blue. In fact, I think I'll get the bike out....

  Barry
  2000 RS