Re: [ST] Air Compressor

OK Time to chime in here.

Oil-less compressor usually have teflon or some similar type wonder
material piston rings or the cylinder walls are lined with it. Under
normal usage they should last a long time. When the rings go it can be
expensive to replace. Most smaller units are so cheap that it is cheaper
to toss the unit.

As for teflon tape on connections: there is nothing wrong with this I
have been using it for years and have never had a failure. The
connectors wear out first. The only caveat with regards to teflon is
that oil will break it down. If you have an inline oiler and are using
oil-less tools they will die a premature death.

As for the compressors that you have shown us: I would never buy
anything from Harbor Freight most of there stuff is cheap Taiwanese
crap. I know that there are people out there that use the stuff
faithfully and without any problems but my livelihood relies on the
quality of the tools that I use. Tools that constantly break or fail
early cost me too much time and money.

My compressor? An K series Emglo that's been faithful for over four
years and we abuse the snot out of it.

--
Steve Lawler
Verona, NJ, USA

2001 Sprint ST "Blue Devil"

"Somewhere on this globe, every ten seconds, there is a woman giving
birth to a child. She must be found and stopped."
             -- Sam Levenson