Re: [ST] Need a front wheel

Howard, if the wheel is bent and not cracked it is easily repaired and
repainted so you would never know the difference.

About a year ago my girl and I were two up on my '99 ST. On a very dark night
in pissing down rain, we hit and unseen hole in the aspalt. It was a very
hard hit and we were lucky to stay upright. The next morning revealed the extent
of the damage to the front wheel. It had a split about four inches long and
was deformed about an inch at the widest point. The bead of the tyre was hanging
on by mere millimetres. How it stayed inflated is beyond me. We were being
watched over that night.
The back tyre was dented but not cracked and was easily re rolled.

When I took it to the bike shop, the blokes didnt believe that we had
continued riding it.

Ping me off list and I'll send some pics if anyones interested.

Brett.
Sydney