Re: [ST] Air Compressor

 Although quite a few people seem to consider the "oilless" compressors to
be throw-away junk, they do have one distinct advantage in that they have no
oil. If you are planning on doing a lot of painting with the compressor, a
standard "oiled" compressor needs a significant filter system to keep any
oil mist from ending up in your paint job. With an oilless system, all you
need is a simple moisture filter to condense out some of the water vapor or
a disposable desicant filter at the gun, or both. Of course if your primary
goal is to run a 1" impact wrench, then oil vapor in the lines can be a good
thing. I went with a 6hp oilless unit that works great for painting, but
forces me to take beer breaks when running impact wrenches and die grinders
and the compressor needs to catch up.
 YMMV
Nick '00 RS