Re: [ST] st Digest, Vol 8, Issue 36

The Sprint list looks like it's suffering from:
1) Too high an East Coast following.
2) Typical holiday motorcycle back burner lull. Again an East Coast and
European phenomenon.

I will be charitable and start a thread, for a change.

1) I'm finding myself defending the 05 Sprint over in rec.motorcycles and
alt.motorcycle.sportbike and having never ridden a new 05 Sprint I'm a
little lost about some of the complaints. Can anyone confirm any of the
following?

a)Hot seat and pillion rails from underseat exhaust?
aa) Higher general engine heat?
b)Some complain the new Sprint has lost it's silky smoothness. (higher
engine buzz)?
c)Headlights too bright?
d)I can confirm this one. The new square looking hard bags look sucky. Do
they leak water?
e)Is the new Fuel Injection as snatchy (off idle) as a stock Honda 929?

2)Unlike most you Easterners, we Zoners ride year round. Proof in photos
from old one legged, 60 year old, Bob Nixon from the last two weekends. Bike
troubles -0- @ 51,000 miles!

http://bigrex.net/pictures/Superior_AZ_11-20-05/Bob_Superior-Az-11-20-05.jpg
http://bigrex.net/pictures/TTF-11-26-05/Bob_TTF_11-26-05.jpg

Bob Nixon, Chandler, AZ