Re: [ST] Suspension

On 11/30/05, Ken Mitchell <kp.mitchell@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've never heard of
> Wilbers shocks. Most people here seem to go with Ohlins or Penske, though
> Hagon is gaining ground.

Wilbers are high end shocks. Up there with Ohlins and Penske. They are
gaining ground, especially with BMW riders. Last I checked Hagon only
made a lower end shock.

Has anyone here installed a Wilber? If so what do you think of it and
how easy is it to get to the adjustments and preload?

When I was shock shopping Wilber sent me this info,

Model 640 $487 (adjustable rebound damping with 22 clicks, and
infinite variable adjustment for the spring pre-load via C-spanner)

Model 641 $759 (adjustable rebound damping with 22 clicks, as well as High and
Low speed compression damping with 22 clicks and hose mounted reservoir)

# 629 = infinite variable adjustable ride height ± 1/2" @  $ 73.00
# 625 = hydraulic pre-load adjuster for rear shock, to eliminate the
fiddling with the hook-wrench @ $ 199.00

$20 shipping and 3-4 weeks delivery

Rupert