Re: [ST] RS chain slack

That sounds a good lead.  I'll check it out.

Cheers
Chris Harwood
00 RS

>>> barrycroft@xxxxxxxxxxx 01/10/2005 09:06:58 >>>

Chris - I had my chain suddenly go slack last year, when the bike had
done about 30k but the chain had only done 5k or so. On close
examination the rear sprocket caged bearing had collapsed. It's not a
big deal - it's a universal item, so my local one-man shop had one on
the shelf and fitted it for me in about 15 minutes. I now run with a bit
more slack in the chain cos I reckon adjusting it by the book stresses
that bearing.

<<<