[ST] Riding Saturday

Hope everyone had a good day riding yesterday. I had an interesting one....
 It was an absolutely gorgeous day in the Washington, D.C. area. Started the
day going for a test ride on the Ducati Multistrada (S version). What made
the ride so memorable was that the dealer riding in front of me dumped his
Ducati Monster on the test ride. We were hauling arounnd a fairly blind turn
and as we came around the turn the traffic was backed up off of the exit
causing the right lane to be parked. We came around the bend leaned over,
saw the stopped cars, and had to get on the binders hard. I actually thought
I could have braked harder if needed, but the dealer locked up his rear
wheel, and then I think he thought he was going to hit the car in front of
him as it looked like he turned the bars. Turning the bars with the rear
wheel locked up caused the bike to go out from underneath him. He ripped up
his pants, popped the visor off of his helmet, and scraped himself up.
Otherwise, he (and the bike) were alright for the most part.
 As for the Multistrada, I'd have to say that the Tiger is a big winner over
it. While the Multistrada has a great engine and is much more flickable than
the Tiger, it is also a little more aggressive in the ergos, the seat slides
you forward (I had to keep pushing myself back), and the mirrors are
TERRIBLE (and I say this knowing that a lot of bikes' mirrors aren't great,
but these are the worst I have ever seen - absolutely useless).
 I then proceeded to ride through the back roads of Maryland (generally in
the Frederick area) for 4 hours. Again, fantastic weather, and the roads and
traffic were great. It's good to have these days as the riding season (in
these parts) winds down.
 Matt Heyer