RE: [ST] RE: Crashes, was ZG shields

Good luck Marc!  We all expect a full report afterwards - and PICS!

-----Original Message-----
From: st-triumphnet.com-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-triumphnet.com-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Marc
Van Est
Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 9:44 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] RE: Crashes, was ZG shields

I'm doing a track day on Sunday, and promoting myself from the slow group to
the medium group (done two tack days in the slow group - can mail pics to
anyone interested).

A mate who has lots of experience is going to lead me round the first ten or
so laps and help me build up my pace and get the lines right.

I'm trying to learn that lazy effortless pace he has, he flies but looks
like he's just cruising.

Killarney track has a few tricky sections that get you into trouble very
quickly if you take the wrong line or run out of space. There are problems
with bumps, camber and run off on several corners.

The entry to the main straight is after a 180 degree decreasing radius turn
followed by a small kink the other way. That kink is famous for upsetting
bike chassis and causing massive tank slappers.

On my first time out a guy on an Aprilia RS250 got it wrong, then wobbled
himself into the wall, with me less than 20 meters behind him. He went off
on a stretcher, and it gave my confidence a knock it hasn't fully recovered
from.

The 180 turn is at the end of the back straight, which ends on a slight
downhill, and is truly terrifying when you are nailing it and trying to get
the brake point right.

The last time out I was seeing 200/205 and then getting passed like I was
standing still.

Its the fast guys in the medium group I have to watch out for, I don't want
to get taken out by someone passing me on the inside. Some of them belong in
the fast group but get a kick out of blowing the medium group guys away.

I hope to report no crashes on Monday -I'll cry if I trash my pride and joy.

cheers

Marc : Sprint RS
Cape Town
South Africa

Information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is intended
for the use of the person(s) to whom it was addressed.
If you are not the addressee, you may not copy, forward, disclose or deliver

this message or any part of it to anyone else.If you received this e-mail in
error,
please reply to the sender of this message, and delete the mail.Any views
expressed in
this message are those of the individual sender,except where the sender
specifically states
them to be those of The Foschini Group of Companies, to whom no liability
shall attach whatsoever.

The Foschini Group disclaims all liability for any loss, damage or expense
however caused, arising
from the use or reliance upon the information provided through this service.

Any recipient of an unacceptable communication, a chain letter or offensive
material
of any nature is requested to report this to email address:
security@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx