From: Nick Nowak <owak.nick@xxxxxxxxx>
To: st-triumphnet.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 17:21:47 -0500
Subject: [ST] Re: First Sprint ST Ride- Clunky Gears

 Clunky or stiff shifting can sometimes be eliminated by slightly changing
your shifting technique. The trick is to slightly preload the shifter you
pull the clutch. Push the shift lever up to the point you start to feel
resistence, and then while maintaining pressure at that posistion, pull the
clutch lever. The shift lever should then slide smoothly the rest of the way
up, completing the gear change. This techniqe works for downshifts too. For
clutchless upshifts, all that is required is to quickly roll off the
throttle with the shift lever preloaded and everything will slide into
place. As others have mentioned though, the tranny needs at least 5000 miles
to break in and then it is really great.
 Here's to blissful shifting
 Nick, '00 RS