RE: [ST] Whats the Russian for carnage.

Quoting Emile Nossin <Emile@xxxxxxxxxx>:

> > From: simonb@xxxxxxxxxxx
> > http://sportstourer.org/index.php?module=My_eGallery&do=showgall&gid=21&p=
> > An IAM rideout, or to be more precise, what's over that blind crest
>
> Wholy crap man, what a chaos. Seems like quite some people could have
> benefitted from ABS there, seeing all the skidmarks and people crashing
> their bike before they even hit anything... and helmets for that matter.
> In the first pic it almost seems like there's a guy beheaded, lying there
> with his full face somewhere on the roadside, but I guess he didn't close
> his chinstrap and just lost his helmet. Also plenty of jeans and sneakers..
> after all, you only need a helmet and protective gear when you're riding
> a fast bike, right?
>
> Emile
> www.piloot.com

 don't think ABS would have made any difference, most ABS systems come in far
too early for maximum breaking.  They appear to be comming over a blind crest.
Then realising they 30 ft to stop. It's the Harley I like. It just plows
straight on regardless. One of my friends has a GS with ABS. I can show you
the skid marks where the front tyre went sideways. Quite a mess.

--
SimonB