RE: [ST] RE: Assen

>From: Masiak, Richard
>WAY COOL!
>You actually got to ride on one of the tracks that MotoGP runs.
>We have shit for tracks here in the US.  Most of them are
>designed for cars, and motorcycles are an after thought.
>The tracks in Europe look like way much more motorcycling fun.

I did that only once for about 8 laps (a girlfriend of mine
works for the organization that arranges all the racing mc
stuff in Holland, she got me in for free), but it got me
sweating pretty much. The hard part was that probably all
the bikes I was racing with had at least twice the power
than my scooter (even though it can still do about 110mph)
and that the floorboards (which I scraped in the corners
together with the exhaust) weren't as flexible as the
regular footpegs. But still, knowing I was racing against
MV Agustas, R6's, R1's and pumped up R1100S's my fastest
lap apparantly still left 7 other riders slower.
http://piloot.smugmug.com/gallery/134822/2/4915311

With ABS I would be willing to try it again, but at the
time I was pretty scared I would wash the scoot from
under me while braking fully from 160 km/h, or that an
MV Agusta would land up in the trunk. I don't think
my insurance would have really liked that...

Emile
www.piloot.com