Re: [ST] RS post-idle report

Marc

>>At this point I have to ask a question:

>>what is a stepper motor, and what does it do?
A stepper motor is a electric motor that rotate step by step using square voltage patern. instead of having just two wires, it has usually 4
that are connected two by two to 2 solenoids. By alternatively applying voltage to one of the two solenoid, you make it rotate one way or the
oposit. It's commonly used in industry and more generally in low speed feed back devices.

It's used on the ST to adjust the amount of air at idle. On 2002 and after it's a feed back using the O2 sensor as output sensor.

>>Bikes were much simpler when they had carbs! I don't recognize half the stuff on my bike - I'm totally at the mechanics mercy.

No. You have to learn. That's it. This list is partly created for that purpose. In addition you can purchase proper devices to check and
adjust if needed using your diagnostic plug.

Fred ST 02 BRG