Re: [ST] Coolant Question

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005, George Chacko wrote:

-I want to replace the coolant on my '99 Sprint.

Easy enough job, I took off the lower hose connection (helps completely
empty and opened the drain plug.  Then flush with a gallon of distilled water
- you may want to temporarily button things back up to run the distilled water
around to help flush then let that out - then button things back up using a
fresh crush washer for the drain plug.  Sorry I don't have torque value handy
but it's not much...

Don't forget to drain the aux tank, there's likely sludge at the bottom of it
but removal for rinsing out isn't too bad.

Don't forget to "burp" the system after replacing your coolant - take the cap
off after running it a minute to let the air out, some bikes have a screw/plug
near the cap for this too.

Don't use a coolant that has silicone in it (lots of auto coolant does) as it
boogers up our water pumps.  I've always used Honda's coolant, either mix
their concentrate or the premixed version - has been fine for conditions in
central Ohio.

Don't forget to leave the roaster pan full of old coolant outside for the
pesky squirrels, chipmunks and idiot cats - JUST KIDDING - no I'm not - yes I
am. >;^{D

--

                               ._O_.  '03 Sprint ST
           -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 Thunderbird Sport       /~\