Re: [ST] Z6's, etc.

Thanks, Dan.  I was planning on using the tread in that are as a guide.  I need to look to see if I can find the white indicators.   I would guess if you ride a lot of straight roads the tires could wear out in the center before the idicators say so.  I am noticing poor turn, a notchy feel, at this stage just as I did on the Pilot Roads.  The last 25% of wear seems to effect the handling.  Even though the tires are worn fairly evenly.  I slide the Pilot Roads at about this point for no good reason that I could see.  At the time I was leading a group of riders at a brisk pace on a very twisty road.  No one else behind me had traction issues but my rear let go for just an instant as I was starting to turn.

Rick

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Wetherington <DEW@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Oct 19, 2005 11:58 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] Z6's, etc.

Regarding tire wear indicators (TWI), here is an interesting thread on
the subject over at Sport-touring.net.

http://www.sport-touring.net/forums/showthread.php?t=63806&page=2&pp=20

Apparently there ARE twi's on the Z6, but many have expressed doubts as
to their effectiveness...

Dan

>>> rude@xxxxxxxxxxxx 10/19/2005 10:18 AM >>>
BTW, I ran 39 psi rear and 38 psi front in the Z6's.
I don't understand why there is no molded in indicators. This seems
like a
safety issue to me.
The tire looked fine and I thought I had at least 2k left on it. One
high
speed run at around 90 for sixty miles and when I stopped there was a
lot
of cord.
It made me swallow hard to think what could have happened and I had no
clue
it was coming. It was like a toggle switch with no warning. I'm
talking
slightly squared. Not bad, just slightly.
BTW, no response from Metzler yet and I ordered my old standby Z4
yesterday. Anyone know why the part number on Z4's changed and the
price is
ten bucks more?

Jack Hays
972-952-5065
"I'll see you on the dark side of the Moon"
Que Lastima

www.packereng.com