Re: [ST] Z6's

First of all "noticeably more rubber" means exactly that.  If you set a
brand new Z6 next to the Stada, then compare the groove depth you'll see
exactly what I mean. Put me in with the "Z6 wear bars are useless" group.
At a bit over 4k I left on a ride thinking I had at least 1K left. When I
returned 600 miles later I had almost an inch of steel up the center.

I ride at 36/42 as recommended by Metzler and Pirelli.  Also by Triumph
and although I do not understand exactly why that seems to be the
recommended pressure for all stock sized tires for an ST.

I always ride alone and I stay off of 4 lane as much as possible.  Last
weekend was Cherohala Skyway both ways, NC/SC/GA 28, some Blue Ridge
Parkway, and some SR xxxx roads.  These are twisty roads, BUT when you
ride about 500 miles you do spend some time straight up going down some
major highways.  There have been several tire threads on three major
Triumph lists this summer.  I suggest reading them.  My conclusion was the
only guys who claimed rear tire mileage significantly over 5K were
commuters. IMO if you ride twisties and accellerate hard out of the turns
you erase your tires PDQ.