Re: [ST] Tokyo show just started...

>From: Steve Lawler
>Headline: "Honda DN-01 Concept Looks Close to Production Ready"
>and
>"the DN-01 contains a number of components that appear production ready."
>The operative words being "looks" and "appear." Sounds more like an
>editorial than a news article. Also the pictures are obviously studio
>shots and not from the Tokyo show.

>From webbikeworld:
"The motorcycle appears to be beyond the concept stage and nearly ready for
production" and from Honda themselves:
"Honda announced that the DN-01 will continue to be developed and will be
introduced to the market "in the near future"."

And this picture seems from the Tokyo show alright:
http://world.honda.com/Tokyo2005/dn01/

This video doesn't look photoshopped either (granted, that's hard
to tell nowadays), a rideable prototype:
http://www.honda.co.jp/motorshow/motor/conceptmodel/DN-01/movie

Wouldn't surprise me to see something like this introduced next
year as a 2007 model... Don't think I'd want it though... Sitting
seems to slouched, not a lot of practical bagage room, aftermarket
bags will certainly become very wide. And with a Deauville engine
it will probably have the performance of a Burgman 650 (0-60mph
in about 7 seconds).

Emile
www.piloot.com