Re: [ST] DN01 Transmission musings

I remember seeing something a few years ago about direct-select
transmissions, but the designer was still trying to get support for it,
and trying to get someone to try it. I think he mocked one up in a big
British sports car - Aston Martin or some such - to prove that it worked
and that it could handle a LOT of torque. I didn't know that VeeDub and
Audi got on board, tho it doesn't surprise me a bit.

That's cool, I'm gonna' have to go try one now!

Wasn't the DSG stumbled upon during an effort to create a better
shifting mechanism for bicycles?

- Jeff in CO