Re: [ST] DN01 Transmission musings

But it's not going to be lower complexity is it.  Just because the
electronics fit in a small box.

Beautiful engineering solutions are simple.

Chris Harwood Electronic Engineer
00 RS

Chris Harwood
**************************
Broadcast Computer Systems Ltd
PROVIDING CUSTOM SOLUTIONS
**************************
T: (+44) 020 8559 0001
F: (+44) 020 8559 0001
W: www.BroadcastCSL.co.uk
Registered in England, Company No. 2609183. Registered Office: 174
Forest Edge, Buckhurst Hill, Essex IG9 5AE

>>> ashmite@xxxxxxxxxxx 21/10/2005 21:20:55 >>>
I've heard VW's new transmission described as having all the benefits
of
Manual Transmissions and Automatic Transmissions both, and none of the

minuses.

Manual or Automatic shifting.  Or hybrid like the Porche system that
even in
manual, it will shift for you when needed.  (Who are you to tell Porche
when
to shift)
Lower complexity (than an automatic) = more reliable
Faster shifting like and automatic (only faster)
lighter weight
Better fuel economy.

Have you read about their new Twin Charger engine?  1.4L 4 cylinder
with a
primary Supercharger and a secondary turbocharger.  170HP. It's more
powerful, lighter, faster and better gas mileage than their 2.0L

And that's before any Tuners get their hands on it.

--Joel