Re: [ST] st Digest, Vol 7, Issue 37

>Message: 1
>Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 10:20:19 -0700
>From: "Allyoop" <allyoop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [ST] ZG tall screen experience
>To: <st@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

>My 2000 Sprint ST has what appears to be the Zero Gravity tall (flip up)
>screen. I'm 6' 2" and have GenMar risers fitted, and find that the wind
>blast hits me right about the middle of my full face helmet. I notice some
>head buffeting, but it does allow me to ride with the face shield cracked
so
>I get good ventilation without the blast I experience on my naked bike
(1972
>Bonneville). There's quite a bit of blast on my shoulders and arms, but
that
>helps relieve wrist pressure a bit. I'm thinking of trying a stock shield
or
>something in between to drop the blast to neck level and see how that
feels.

>Walt Greenwood
>Everett, WA

Walt:
1)Ever wonder why most motorcycle racers are short?
2)At 6'2" you should have bought a BMW.
3)Even when I sit upright, my cheap HJC flip-up doesn't buffet like a real
Sportbike windshield did (03GSXR1000)or most anything else short of a
Goldwing or BMW R1150RT.
4)I don't think you'll find the stock shield any better, especially with the
bar risers. And don't even consider a FJR-1300 with adjustable shield. In
reading some of the stories, there is NO comfy position for THAT screen.

Seriously, I have the same setup as you, riser too, and can actually duck
under my ZG screen. I'm about 5'8" NOW!!! (see bike and me below-:)

http://bigrex.net/pictures/RAT/Leather_pants10-22-05.jpg

Bob Nixon
01 Sprint ST 50K miles
Chandler,AZ