Re: [ST] ZG tall screen experience

On 24 Oct 2005, at 18:20, Allyoop wrote:

> I'm 6' 2" and ... the wind blast hits me right about the middle of
> my full face helmet. I notice some head buffeting ... I'm thinking
> of trying a stock shield or
> something in between to drop the blast to neck level and see how
> that feels.

I have similar problem with the Triumph tall screen - I'm taller
(6'6") and the turbulence from top edge of screen hits my full-face
just at the bottom of the helmet, making it considerably more noisy
than it would be with no screen (if I stretch up so my head is out of
air-flow I can hear it gets quieter).  I get by with some very good
fitted ear-plugs - but have thought about putting the stock screen
back on to reduce the noise levels.  But another idea would be to
find a way to increase the height of the top-edge of the Triumph
screen - so I was wondering if anyone knows of a way of doing this.
Some bikes (e.g. the FJ) have these adjustable screens that are
bolted on to a smaller screen: perhaps it is possible to put
something like this on to the Triumph taller screen?

Best regards

Gavin Lawrie
ST'03