Re: [ST] Anyone mount a GIVI topbox?

>From: Matt Heyer
>Anybody use any of these (or any other methods) to mount a GIVI
>topbox? Comments, pictures, etc

I use the SW Motech system in combination with 3 Givi boxes
(you can also choose to mount any model of the Krauser or
Hepco&Becker bags): http://piloot.smugmug.com/gallery/478017
Pic 1 with all the bags, pic 2 with no bags and the quicklock
racks all removed (also toprack, can be done within 1 minute
to remove all), pic 3 and 4 are animated gifs showing the
built up of the system. With the quiclock racks removed
you wouldn't say the bike can be fitted with cases, it
looks really clean. Concerning sidecases you can also leave
the exhaust in the up-position which adds to the looks of
course when clean.

It's possible to buy a topbox-only kit, a sidecase-only kit
(with grab-bar) or all cases at the same time. The disadvantage
of the SW-Motech topbox setup is that the passenger grab-bar
is sacrificed for the looks (and desire of SW Motech to keep
everything close to the bike). My girlfriend doesn't have any
problems with that though, even with the topbox off. She just
holds on to me then, it is also possible to hold the small metal
mount that's still there. But it obviously is not as easy as
with the normal grab-bar. The Triumph rack has the grab bar
integrated in the rack, that's why it is so high.

All in all I'm very satisfied with the SW Motech stuff, it's
well made. I did have some problems at first because they
send Givi connectors that weren't the right size, so the
cases didn't fit. But that was solved very quickly.

The whole setup is half (!) the price of the Triumph setup and
for that you get top notch, really waterproof cases that can
hold 2 full face helmets each. Plus the option to just click
off the whole rack setup so you can ride around pretending you
never ride with cases, with the exhaust still in the stylish
angle :-). Topbox-only still looks big though on that narrow
butt the Sprint has...

Emile
www.piloot.com