Re: [ST] NEW BIKE BREAK-IN ( RUNNING IN )

On Tue, 2005-10-04 at 16:47 +1000, sprintst_2002@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> G'day from OZ / Harry Red 02
> Below is a link to an American mechanic to has some very different
> ideas/tests/results on the best way to treat / run in a new bike engine.
>
> I have not seen this before on this forum and would like to hear back from the
> experienced Triumph riders on their thoughts - anyone tried this - noticed better
> results ??
> http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm
> Cheers folks - we are just about to hit our summer  - yeeee ha........

This method is fine if you are racing. You need the engine quickly run
in. Even if you do it on your new motor It'd doubtful if the first owner
will notice the difference between this way and doing it to the book.
However the second, third owners would. If you run a motor in quick you
get to the prime operating envelope quicker [1]. But you get out the
other side quicker too [2]. Basically you have worn the engine out a bit
running it in quick.

[1] Engine nice and loose. Less internal friction more BHP, just what
you need for the track.

[2] Not what you want for a higher mileage road vehicle.
--
simonb <simonb@xxxxxxxxxxx>