[ST] for: anyone who has Race Tech Gold Valve cartridge emulators

I feel that I can contribute substantially to this confusion;... since I live less than an hour from Race Tech here in So. Calif, I have brought both my RSs over to their shop and had them do the installs. The Race Tech chart giving the details of how they set up the forks (for my 200 lbs) shows the Oil Level at 110mm, oil is Ultra Slick US #1 (5W, which is interesting because they used #4 [20W] on my 1,000cc Interceptor a couple years earlier), spring .95kg with 20mm preload, emulator spring 64lb/in, emulator preload 2 turns, compression & rebound adjusters set 8 clicks out.

My Triumph service manual recommends the oil level at 145mm from the "top of the inner tube flush with upper face of the handlebar";... they also show an oil volume of 459cc.

The difference between 145mm and 110mm is more than substantial, it's 25% less!
I have no idea why the difference but I'll stop in and ask next time I'm over that way.
I'd be really interested to know what volume the 110mm equates to!

Let the games begin; doggydoo - - - - o&\o