Re: [ST] Nelson Rigg tankbag anyone?

Hi David,

I have the Triumph tank bag on my 00 ST.  It takes maybe five minutes or so to
put the pad on, adjusting the four straps to keep it centered and all, but it's
not that bad.  I stole some felt from my wife's endless supply of craft things
and put little felt pads under the front straps, where they contact the paint
on the bottom of the tank.

Removing the pad is easy, but I only do that if I take the bike in for a major
service, or when I clean it (not too often).  I've enjoyed having the Triumph
bag.  It has plenty of room and expands a little (upward) if necessary.  The
built-in rain cover is nice, but luckily, I haven't had to use it much.  The
pad has been rained on many times, very dirty, etc., and has not affected the
paint of the tank in close to four years of using it.

Dan