[ST] RS Instruments on ST?

Hi,

Just curious - bit is it possible to connect RS instruments to an ST (pre 2005 model, naturally)? I know the mountings are all different, but given the many similarities between the models I wonder if such a swap would work.

If it does, is it likely that similar instrument grafts might also work between other Triumphs and the ST?

Why? Have a long term plan (i.e. some time never) to replace the ST instrument panel with a combined GPS display and a smaller instrument layout. I like the RS instruments, and guess they might be small enough to fit on one side of a re-worked ST console, with a smallish GPS unit put in alongside. Does this sound even remotely plausible?

Best regards

Gavin Lawrie
ST'03