Re: [ST] dreaded oil Q...

On Sep 6, 2005, at 4:54 PM, Rod Brown wrote:
I don't want it to sound like I'm picking on you, but how does anyone know
what any oil does in 4k miles!!!

UOAs, like you pointed out. See <http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb/ ultimatebb.php?ubb=forum;f=52> for a few UOAs on various types of bikes.

I've been reading the above referenced forums for about half a year now and am stunned by how little I really knew about motor oil before then. I still don't have all the answers, but I can say that both red cap and gold cap maintain their viscosity when used in a shared- transmission motorcycle far better than almost any other oil. (The other outstanding performer seems to be Redline.)
--
Blake Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxx>
San Jose, CA (USA)