RE: [ST] Croatia + Alps report

>From: iPat
>great pictures! but i have my concerns about the fuel consumption. A
>heavily laden bike (2 people and luggage)! You must have been going
>slow! (explains the train leg) ; ) whats your secret?

No, she wasn't riding her own bike and no I haven't put the train
mileage in the calcutation. I guess the trick is the average speed
which, eventhough I was climbing and accelerating a lot, was still
slow because of the non stop turns and hairpins. So sporty yes, but
slow as well. Average probably just 60 km/h or so. In Holland when
riding over the freeways with speeds between 140 and 160 km/h
(between 90 and 100 mph) I get between 18 and 19 km per liter =
between 51 mpg UK / 42 mpg US and 54 mpg UK / 45 mpg US.
I got a 2001 model, the leanest of them all I believe :-).

Handy fuel consumption converter:
http://www.projects.ex.ac.uk/trol/scol/ccfuel.htm

Emile
www.piloot.com