Re: [ST] Incredible Growing Tank

Are you sure the tank is sitting down properly?  Because the front
fixing is angled, it will appear to be too far forward if it's too
high.

0.02's-worth
Chris Harwood

>>> dlearl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 11/09/2005 04:11:30 >>>
Fred, it's not simply a matter of moving the eccentrics.  The tank
simply won't go back far enough to line up the front mounting hole ie:
hitting against the frame with the pump plate protrusion.

>The Ohlins puts additional stresses on the frame thus making the tank

harder to fit. ;-)

What is really scary, it that for the second time I've actually dropped
the bike.  This time in a complete fit of "lame-brain-edness" I figured
I'd roll the bike outside for a hose down with the shock out.  DOH!  The
bike came off the center stand with a thump.  So I'm concerned that I've
actually tweeked the frame.  I WAS certain that there was no way this
could happen, it landed pretty gently (I realized what I'd done the
second AFTER I'd done it and kind of caught it on the way down) but now
I'm not so sure.  I think I'm going to get it "computrack-ed" just in
case.

David
'99ST