Re: [ST] Some Hindsight

Matt Heyer wrote:
Found this blurb
 http://www.motorcycledaily.com/09april02revamped2003trophy.html

Interesting. It probably got justified out of existence along with the 1300 sportbike that was rumored. The local pack leader gave up waiting for a replacement for the trophy and bought a wing (kept his old trophy, though). I think that Triumph realized it can't remain viable butting heads with the big Japanese manufacturers and is aiming more for smaller niches. The big sportTOURER market is pretty full with the ST1300, FJR, and BMW RT. Now that Triumph have said they're going to concentrate on niche 2 & 3 cylinder bikes, a replacement for the Trophy is a pretty slim bet.

Obligatory Sprint note: Had a nice ride around SW Wisconsin
last weekend.  Zipped up to meet some friends for our annual
2 day canoe trip down the Wisconsin river, then took the long
way back on Sunday.  Found that if you tell the GPS to avoid
all major roads and give it a few interim points you can find
some pretty nice (for the midwest) little roads.  I was even
able to avoid the horse drawn buggies this year!

Speaking of which...
I know some people were talking about putting together a list
of good roads to put up on the website.  Anyone working on
that?  If not, I'd be willing to compile/maintain it and
build some web pages.

Rob

99 Sprint ST (red)