[ST] Re: banging center stands(was RT discussion)

<<
I did discover the centre stand makes a load bang when it comes back up.
I think the noise could have been the centre stand as the spring is not
too strong. I will have to tie the stand up with a bungee and test it
out.

Simon,

If your hearing a loud bang when the center stand is coming up, check to see
that the exhaust header to can clamp isn't rotated down and impacting on the
stand when in the riding position.  I had this happen after I changed tires
once.  I wasn't paying attention to where the clamp was when putting it all
back together.

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen