Re: [ST] Carbon Pipe

Hey Mick,

The CF can sure is illegal in NSW. They need to be noise tested and have the
rating attached. The pipe has to be stamped or plated as such.

There are places that are now doing the testing, such as Staintune and
putting the designation on the pipe for you and giving you the necessary paperwork
to prove it. BUT, if you get pulled up by the cops and they want to hassle you,
they can and sometimes do say something like "I dont care what you have had
done - that pipe is illegal." Then you will have to trailor the bike home, take
it to an EPA testing center, get someone to put their signature to the fact
that it is legal and send the fine to the processing center with supporting
documentation and get the fine cancelled.

"The law is just a guide. Its up to the good constables discretion"

You could also just register your bike in Queensland.

What a lot of people dont realise and you may well know, is that extra noise
from the pipe does not necessarily mean more power output. In fact there can
be a power loss, it will run very rich and blow fuel out the back unburnt.

Staying away from The Old Road on weekends is a good idea. I never go up
there on a Sunday anymore. Some of those riders really give the rest of us a bad
name! I think someone gets killed up there once a week on average (?)

The fact that the carbon pipe is not that much louder than standard on the ST
is a bit of a saving on attracting attention. I rode a GSX750F with a
Megacycle pipe for about a year. Man was that bike anti-social! I was very lucky not
to get stopped by PC Plod. My girlfriend at the time lived on a sandstone
ridge. The whole neighbourhood knew I was coming when I rode in at 1am after work.
I was such a rebelious biker dude! I went back to the original pipes as I got
sick of the noise especially on a long trip (funnily enough), no one could
tune it properly and my fuel economy dropped to about 200kms per tank.

Cheers,
Brett