[ST] Heli Bars

In a message dated 9/16/2005 8:41:30 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
richpardo@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Can  anyone on the list give me an opinion of the Heli bars for the Sprint
ST?

Richard, I had the Helibars and they are a good compromise. The limiting
factor is how high you can raise the bars before they hit the windscreen... Not
much higher than what you have already. I raised up my fairing by moving it
forward and raised it up. I made a custom top steering head mount and also
extensions for the lower mounts. I also had to had to drop using the lower
cowling as it would no longer clear the exhaust. I also had the ugly exhaust
header Jet Hot ceramic coated which dropped the heat generated by the pipe  making
the frame cooler. I then used the Helibar mounts with a pair of  Flanders
aftermarket ST1100 Honda handle bars. That gives a fairly upright  riding position
but now puts more weight on your butt which even with my Russell  custom seat
is not that comfortable for all day rides.

Doug in Naples, FL
--- Begin Message ---
Not sure if my previous post went out.

I've got a set of Genmar risers and Corbin seat, but I'm looking for a bit more relaxed seating position.

Can anyone on the list give me an opinion of the Heli bars for the Sprint ST?

I'm considering buying a set based on what I've read on the web.

Thanks.

--- End Message ---