RE: [ST] Cranky start

>From: Steve Lawler
>Sometimes, when I stop for gas after creeping through the
>Holland Tunnel* during evening rush hour, it will be very
>hesitant to restart. I figured that this might be a sign that
>the battery is on its way to that great big battery store in
>the sky but now you say this a feature?

I don't have that problem, but that sounds exactly like the
extra "feature" Markus seems to have with his 2001 Sprint,
which I guess has the same mileage as yours. I have 24.000 km
on mine now, battery used for only 8 months total now. On
our last trip to France last week his bike almost never started
on the first attempt after it had just run before, while mine
behaved the same as when cold. It sounds related to temperature
of the engine, if it were the battery than I guess the problem
would occur on cold starts mainly. The GS with a low battery
would crank real slow and would not crank at all on the second
attempt, but warm wasn't a problem (warm lubricants etc*).

* You like riding dikes too? :-)

Emile
www.piloot.com