RE: [ST] Cranky start; Territorial behavior

> but the engine always lights up around the 4th crank.

This sounds normal

> Different with Markus' Sprint ST though (also 2001), his seems to
> have a hard time restarting when warm. But it always starts on
> the second attempt. I think that might indicate another problem...

He may have a minor problem - perhaps some leaky injectors...

As to finding the source of your leakage, try this:  thoroughly clean
and dry the affected area then coat it with a powder like is used for
athlete's foot - the sort which comes in an aerosol can.  The source
of the leak will show up as a damp area.

--
Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST